TO MEMBERS OF SUDBURY MINE, MILL & SMELTER WORKERS’ UNION, LOCAL 598/UNIFOR from Groups 2 & 3 ONLY
The Union currently has an opening for a
The successful candidate will work with the current Compensation, Health & Welfare Officer and will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Representing and/or guiding members through the WSIB and WSIAT processes.
- Assist members with the completion of various claim forms.
- Communicate and become the source contact for all injured members.
- Interview member and witnesses - investigate the injury.
- Be instrumental in the Return-to-Work process.
- Communicate with company management and representatives from WSIB and WSIAT.
- Assemble appeals documents and prepare cases.
- Represent members in a timely fashion with honesty and in compliance with policies and processes.
- Protect the confidentiality of information disclosed.
This position will be a minimum of 8 hours per month with additional time as needed.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest setting out why you would be a good candidate to Eric Boulay, President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Luck to all.